Updated May 4th, 2020
As an ongoing effort to continue providing our community and our clients with veterinary care and supplies for the four-legged members of our families, we at Hillside Veterinary Hospital will be implementing and updating the following changes and restrictions starting immediately.
We are all struggling with trying to do our best in light of the COVID19 virus pandemic, and we appreciate your patience, understanding and cooperation with the changes we are implementing. Some of these changes and restrictions have been forced upon us due to shortages from manufacturing and supply sources. Please be assured that we are doing everything we can to ensure that we will continue to have food and medications available for your pets’ needs. We are hopeful that in short time life will return to the normal it was before this virus entered our lives. However, please continue to visit us on Facebook or at our website for updates regarding any further changes or restrictions that we may have to put in place for the safety of you and our staff.
*** To reduce the quantity of incoming calls, we encourage you to use the PetDesk app www.Petdesk.com
or email us at [email protected]
to place your orders for food and refills for prescriptions
• HVH will be open 7 days/week 8:00 – 6:00
• All sales including prescriptions will be delivered to you outside of the building.
• Please call us to alert us that you’re here
• Please phone in your credit card or preferably prepay over the phone
• Please use Debit or Credit card (avoid cash whenever possible)
• As of May 6th we will be seeing Senior Wellness Exams (dogs 8 years and older, cats 10 years and older).
• We are taking a wait-list for Annual Wellness Exams (all ages) to commence in the month of June.
• evening emergencies should go to Central Victoria Veterinary Hospital, or WAVES
• Appointments will be limited to 30 minutes
• Only one client at the reception desk at a time
• please maintain a distance of 2 meters (6 feet) from HVH staff when you are in the building
• You may or may not be allowed in the exam room with your pet. It is up to the discretion of the veterinarian and the nature of your visit and your pet. You may be asked to wait outside the building while your pet is taken in for an examination and treatment. If you are allowed in the building and into an exam room, because of the limited space there, only one owner per pet can be accommodated
• As of May 6th we will resume performing spays and neuters
• No other elective surgeries until further notice (Please email or call us if you are not sure whether your pet’s surgery is elective)
RVT (Tech) APPOINTMENTS
• We are limiting RVT appointments to the hours of 1-5pm
• only essential appointments including cartrophen injections will be taken
• These appointments will be done outside the building if possible, always considering the safety and welfare of your pet, of course.
REHAB TECH APPTS
• Will be taken during the hours of 8-6
• We will be seeing essential appointments only
• Clients must come in through our rehab door in the back of our building and unfortunately will not Have access to other HVH facilities
• only one client per pet will be allowed in the HVH reception area at a time
• You may or may not be allowed in the exam room with your pet. It is up to the discretion of the veterinarian and the nature of your visit and your pet. You may be asked to wait outside the building while your pet is taken in for an examination and treatment. If you are allowed in the building and into an exam room, because of the limited space there, only one owner per pet can be accommodated.
• please do not come if you have any cold/flu symptoms, have recently travelled or have been in contact with someone who has recently travelled
Please understand that these restrictions and requests may change suddenly and often, with little notice, as our knowledge of COVID and the situation changes. Unfortunately, things may get more restrictive before they return to normal. We apologize in advance. Please return frequently to this page for updated information.
Owners and Management
Hillside Veterinary Hospital